Re: A socket in a web page?

From: Martin (martinvalley_at_comcast.net)
Date: 02/07/04

Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 18:46:09 -0700

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:56:48 +0000, Fred Emmott
<pcfreak65@hotmail.com> wrote:

>You could just use a http refresh header

Yeah - I did that at first. But that updates thaings only periodically
whereas the events that need to be displayed are occuring more or less
at random in "real time". With the socket link allowing me to push the
info out as it occurs, the display works much more realistically.

As others have suggested, I may have to go with a Java applet but that
seems like over-kill for my situation (plus I haven't a clue as to how
to develop a Java applet). This was so easy to accomplish in the
Windows environment, I would think that there would be an equally
simple solution available in the Linux/Unix world. But, maybe not...