Re: A socket in a web page?

From: Martin (martinvalley_at_comcast.net)
Date: 02/07/04

Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 18:46:09 -0700

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:56:48 +0000, Fred Emmott
<pcfreak65@hotmail.com> wrote:

>You could just use a http refresh header

Yeah - I did that at first. But that updates thaings only periodically
whereas the events that need to be displayed are occuring more or less
at random in "real time". With the socket link allowing me to push the
info out as it occurs, the display works much more realistically.

As others have suggested, I may have to go with a Java applet but that
seems like over-kill for my situation (plus I haven't a clue as to how
to develop a Java applet). This was so easy to accomplish in the
Windows environment, I would think that there would be an equally
simple solution available in the Linux/Unix world. But, maybe not...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A rotating globe with Java
    ... The best way seems to be a java applet. ... display a ugly representation of the earth. ... BEAUTIFUL interacting globe using a quality satellite photo. ... You problem is to find a series of images. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • help in threading problem
    ... i m tryng to modify it so that it display a form call form3 on the occuring of a message.this is handled by a function in form2 which is ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Create one Style and I get 2 more
    ... You can choose not to display an ... entry for each combination of direct formatting applied to text: ... And I have noticed this occuring in other instances. ... How do I delete or keep to a minimum duplications of styles? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • not enough memory to display the outline
    ... I am building a multi-level requirements document in MS Word 2007 and two ... problems are occuring. ... space to display the Outline". ... the document map is not working. ...
  • Displaying applet in Dreamweaver
    ... Is there a way to display an actual Java applet within Dreamweaver ... One could do this even back in the days of Microsoft FrontPage. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)