Netcat problem - please help

From: Piotrek (red.guy_at_gazeta.pl)
Date: 03/03/04

Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:39:22 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to write a simple ftp-talk script using netcat.
Now what I want to do is to make netcat wait for '220 FTP Server ready.' and
send USER (whatever) than wait for '331 Pass req...' send PASS (whatever)
and so on.... Can somebody tell me how such a script suppose to look and how
to pipe it thru netcat? I've tried to do that for 5 hours but I'm running
out of ideas ;)

The best way is to make such a script that recognizes only the code of
server message (for '220 FTP Server ready' it wopuld recognize only first
three digits -> 220 ) Because the greetings and server messages are
different for every server.

TiA:)

Best regards,
Peter

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Open Server 3.0 network printer problem Part III
    ... Open Server 3.0 network printer problem Part III ... White's universal script. ... If you need rlpr and can't use netcat, then really you don't need my ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: CSV Import
    ... > die Datei aufgebaut ist. ... > Datei auf einen FTP Server gelegt und von dort über ein Script auf ... > einen lokalen Rechner (den SQL Server) übermittelt und währendessen ...
    (microsoft.public.de.sqlserver)
  • Re: ftplib limitations?
    ... The server is Windows and FileZilla, the client is Win7 and Python2.6. ... the script works well on ... blocking or an error message. ... I think your problem is related to the FTP server or its ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Netcat problem - please help
    ... > I'm trying to write a simple ftp-talk script using netcat. ... > Now what I want to do is to make netcat wait for '220 FTP Server ready.' ... Can somebody tell me how such a script suppose to look and how ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Netcat problem - please help
    ... > I'm trying to write a simple ftp-talk script using netcat. ... > Now what I want to do is to make netcat wait for '220 FTP Server ready.' ... Can somebody tell me how such a script suppose to look and how ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)