Setting Network Interface Flags without ioctl()

From: Josh Birnbaum (engineer_at_noorg.org)
Date: 03/15/04

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 03:32:51 GMT

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the setting of the per-interface
flags described in /usr/include/net/if.h (IFF_UP, etc).
I would like to know if there ways other than the use of the
SIOCSIFFLAGS ioctl() command to set these flags.

Specifically, in exploring the netlink() API and experimenting,
I have learnt how to get per-interface flags via sendto() and
recvmsg(). This I have done without any use of ioctl() at all.
I am now wondering if this mechanism could be used to set per-
interface flags. I don't want to use ioctl() to do this.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh.

Relevant Pages

  • Setting Network Interface Flags without ioctl()
    ... I have a question regarding the setting of the per-interface ... SIOCSIFFLAGS ioctl() command to set these flags. ... This I have done without any use of ioctl() at all. ... Josh. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Setting Network Interface Flags without ioctl()
    ... I have a question regarding the setting of the per-interface ... SIOCSIFFLAGS ioctl() command to set these flags. ... This I have done without any use of ioctl() at all. ... Josh. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Setting Network Interface Flags
    ... I have a question regarding the setting of the per-interface ... SIOCSIFFLAGS ioctl() command to set these flags. ... This I have done without any use of ioctl() at all. ... Josh. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Setting Network Interface Flags without ioctl()
    ... I have a question regarding the setting of the per-interface ... SIOCSIFFLAGS ioctl() command to set these flags. ... This I have done without any use of ioctl() at all. ... Josh. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)