Re: Help: Can't get shorewall to work in Mandrake 10

From: Christoph Scheurer (cyberfarm_at_rebmatt.ch)
Date: 04/05/04

    Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:01:51 +0200

    On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 08:59:32 +0200
    Michael Badt <mibadt@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I can't get shorewall (ver 2.0.0b) to run under Mandrake 10 (kernel )
    > community (updated from one of the mirrors for bug fixes).
    > I've a stand alone PC with two Ethernet cards with eth1 connected to an
    > ADSL "modem". I successfully connect running rp-pppoe. After modifying the
    > various shorwall configuration files, removing the and issueing the
    > shorewall start, it begings the process. Yet, before finishing it, I get
    > several identical messages saying: "/usr/share/shorewall/firewall: line
    > 102: iptables: command not found". Afterwards, shorewall shuts down.
    > Although I followed the installation instructions indeed the
    > above-mentioned command is nor present where shorewalls looks after it.
    > I've heard that this might be to the new (2.6.x) kernel while shorewall is
    > configured for 2.4.x? Is it true?
    > How can I get shorewall to run on my PC?

    Sounds like you have to install iptables. This is a seperate package, not
    included in the kernel. Make sure to get the latest Version.

    Greets

    Chris

    • Re: Help: Cant get shorewall to work in Mandrake 10
      ... > various shorwall configuration files, ... > shorewall start, it begings the process. ... > Although I followed the installation instructions indeed the ... included in the kernel. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Help: Cant get shorewall to work in Mandrake 10
      ... > various shorwall configuration files, ... > shorewall start, it begings the process. ... > Although I followed the installation instructions indeed the ... included in the kernel. ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: Shorewall question
      ... > yesterday I tried to activate shorewall as a firewall on a 2.6.8.1 ... > I don't believe it is the kernel, but rather something silly in my ... using Linux GNU/Debian || for book reviews, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • strange shorewall error
      ... I'm running my internet firewall using an up-to-date unstable using shorewall. ... Current kernel is 2.6.16-1-686 ... this package is also the only reason I'm not using stable on this machine. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [SLE] apt-get & Synaptic .40 wont let me keep Shorewall
      ... I have the k_athlon kernel installed. ... My laptop, with shorewall, too, has the ... Conflicts: k_smp. ...
      (SuSE)