Re: Route App on special Interface (not std. GW)

From: P Gentry (rdgentry1_at_cablelynx.com)
Date: 05/17/04

    Date: 17 May 2004 10:26:47 -0700

    Andreas Foehrenbach <mails@foehrenbach-online.de> wrote in message news:<c87jgf$5im$2@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>...
    > Hy,
    > I got a simple 3-PC net with a WAN Router for Internet-Access.
    > PCs are on SUSE 9.0/9.1
    > One PC has an unused ISDN-Card.
    >
    > Question:
    > How can I configure my Net, so one special Application (Moneyplex) on every
    > PC does use the ISDN-Card for Internet-Dial-Up instead of the std. Router
    > (GW)?
    >
    > I can copnfigure a proxy in moneyplex.
    > I have no clue, what net or host moneyplex is talking to.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated so I can throw out my MS-Quicken Banking to a
    > Linux-App.
    >
    > Andy

    If you can handle the German language interface [ :-) ], it appears
    that moneyplex is included in latest SuSe (9.0 & 9.1):
    http://lwn.net/Articles/81559/
    http://www.matrica.de/prodmpxwinlnx.htm

    My deutsch reading skills very rusty (can't you tell?), but this may
    be your best bet. Fact is, looks pretty interesting ;-)

    If you use MS just for off-line work, then maybe you can find
    something that the bank and you can use ( ie., common data formats).

    You might want to look at this for isdn issues:
    http://www.isdn4linux.de/faq/
    http://www.mhessler.de/i4lfaq/ download

    Saw mailing list posts that indicate that recent 2.6.x's have broken
    isdn4linux :-(
    Resolved in SuSe?

    Seems isdn is much more used in EU than US and above seems to cover
    issues/pitfalls pretty well.

    hth,
    prg
    email above disabled