Re: Accessing a NetWare disk

From: Frank Foss (fozzie_beer_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/20/04

Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:24:14 -0700

"The Real Slim Shady" <Stan@your.house.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.05.19.23.52.24.963167@your.house.com...
> On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:29:43 -0700, Frank Foss wrote:
>
> > I have a RedHat machine that needs to mount/read a disk from a Novell
> > NetWare server.
> > Not across the network, but via a physical cable to a physical disk.
> >
> > Surely someone have done this?
> > What kernel bits and pieces do I need?
> > What other tools are required, and how to do it?
> >
> > I can find tons of stuff on accessing a live remote NetWare server, that
is
> > not my problem.
> >
> > Appreciate any and all pointers and advice.
> >
> > Foz
> ncpfs filesystem, present in every kernel. 5" googling.

I knew about ncpfs before. From Google, as it happens...
Trouble is, all I see about it is that it supports the NCP protocol for
talking IPX (maybe also IP) to a NetWare server somewhere else.

I could not ascertain 100% if it could also allow me to access a SCSI disk
plugged in on my Linux server, hence the post.

If you are confident that ncpfs is all I need to read from the disk after I
plug it in, then thank you very much, that is what I needed to hear.

Foz