Cannot reach a RH9

From: Brunt (noaddresss_at_brunt.com)
Date: 06/07/04

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:23:39 +0200

Hello,

I have a RH9 in a internal netwrk and a firewall to go on internet. I can't
understand where's the problem:

I want to use MySQL from an external static IP Address, but this RH9 runs
perfectly on internal network, but no response for connection arriving from
other networks.

- ipchains is not running
- Declared opened on hosts.allow (anyway i can't se anything on secure log)
- I can ping RH9 from internet (forwarding correct ports)
- I've tried also using HTTP or TELNET with same results.

Where's the problem?

thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: network works - internet does not !!
    ... > I am using a RH9 machine as a Samba server at home. ... > problem is internet connectivity. ... How did you receive your IP-adres on your Redhat Doze. ... their clients to haven an Ip-adress provided by the router. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Strange Scenario, Sattelite Internet, Linux, Windows and Squid
    ... I have got a DVB-Card for satellite internet that runs only on windows ... I am trying to have a setup where I am running squid on rh9 but my ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Cannot reach a RH9
    ... > I have a RH9 in a internal netwrk and a firewall to go on internet. ... Is the RH9 box your firewall or is it in the LAN? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • upgrade Netgear MR814 -> WGR614 or WRT54G routers: no internet
    ... Older "B" worked well but "B/G" does not see internet. ... Same results with both routers under W2K and RH9. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Intermittent Firewall 15108 Events on SBS2003/ISA2004
    ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... of |> the internal network object). ... If the ISA server receives a package with an |> internal IP as source address from the external port, the package would be |> treated as a spoof attack. ... |> 825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)