Re: POP3 proxy via ssh through server

From: Paul Black (nospam_at_nospam.oxsemi.com)
Date: 06/07/04

Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:52:08 +0100

Dave Richardson wrote:
> Is there a software I can run on MY server to accept an SSH connection
> from my laptop behind the corporate firewall which will forward
> unencrypted traffic to TCP port 110 at the destination POP3 server?

SSH will do all you need: look at the -L option.

--
Paul Black                        mailto:paul.black@oxsemi.com
Oxford Semiconductor Ltd          http://www.oxsemi.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A question about ssh RSA key connection
    ... I recently met with a problem when trying to set up ssh connection ... when I create the ssh key on a server that has several ip ... inet 47.154.169.130 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 47.154.169.255 ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Secure Postgres access
    ... I would like to access a remote Postgres server from a Python program in a ... Both Postgres and the Python program are running on Linux. ... you put their pubkey in authorized_keys on the server for SSH connection. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Remote connection using ssh tunnel and XP
    ... establish an ssh connection with an tunnel for an terminal ... We have a new installed windows 2003 ... terminal server, previous times we used citrix terminal ... employees are not very happy with the current situation. ...
  • Remote Login using SSH tunnel with XP