Any (Free) on-line references/books on Network setup?

From: Alex J (NoSpam_at_nospam.com)
Date: 06/13/04

Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:43:16 GMT

I find myself asking a lot of questions and scanning Google too much.

Can anyone point me to a easy to use/understand reference on setting up a
Linux server in server/gateway mode.
Behind the server are some Windows PC's so something that may talk about
this kind os environment would be appreciated.

A class of some kind would be nice but time is an issue at the moment.

Thanks,
Alex

---

  • Re: Any (Free) on-line references/books on Network setup?
    ... > I find myself asking a lot of questions and scanning Google too much. ... > Linux server in server/gateway mode. ... The distro Smoothwall is a complete firewall and router,try it out. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: CIEW-ISA-OWA
    ... 403 Forbidden - The server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator ... >> can browse internet, OWA, RWW all day long WITHIN the LAN. ... >> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: HTML validation
    ... you probably don't want to instantiate this control on your server ... in response to user requests as it's pretty resource heavy. ... > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
  • Re: routing and remote access disable with 2nd NIC
    ... > Sounds like RRAS has been configured to be a VPN server only.. ... >> access, I can no longer ping the router, then when I disable to RAS I ... >> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Trojan calling home? Or Valid?
    ... AND it wants to act as server. ... >> Why suddenly does it want to access the internet? ... Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...