Re: IP Forwarding problems.

From: Dan McDaid (no_at_email.com)
Date: 06/29/04

    Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:30:35 +0100

    You don't actually need to compile in the IP: advanced router. It has a few
    extra functions that you most likely don't need.

    should enable ip forwarding.
    You should put this in your firewall script.

    Dan

    "Nuno Paquete" <nmp@ispgaya.pt> wrote in message
    > Hi group.
    > I've compiled kernel 2.6.4 and everything is working fine, except IP
    > forwarding.
    > My internal hosts can't get access to Internet because ip forwarding is
    not
    > working.
    > I've compiled kernel with "IP: advanced router
    (CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER)"
    > built-in.
    > I've look for /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward but this file doesn't exist.
    >
    > Can anyone help me?
    >
    > Nuno Paquete.

    • Help on ip forwarding for linux
      ... Help on ip forwarding for linux ... The man pages for dnsspoof refer to fragrouter to do ... I can't find a copy to compile under linux 2.4. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: IP Forwarding problems.
      ... At least if I get it wrong people can correct my mistakes. ... You learn somthing new every day if you make the effort! ... > My internal hosts can't get access to Internet because ip forwarding is ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • IP Forwarding problems.
      ... I've compiled kernel 2.6.4 and everything is working fine, ... My internal hosts can't get access to Internet because ip forwarding is not ... built-in. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: IP Forwarding problems.
      ... > I've compiled kernel 2.6.4 and everything is working fine, ... > IP forwarding. ... My internal hosts can't get access to Internet ... That configuration option is not the one you use to get ip_forward. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: IP Forwarding problems.
      ... Clifford Kite wrote: ... >> I've compiled kernel 2.6.4 and everything is working fine, ... >> IP forwarding. ... My internal hosts can't get access to Internet ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)