iSCSI - Ready for Prime Time?

From: Kelli (Kelli_at_largecorp.com)
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 05:46:15 GMT

I believe there are several iSCSI Initiator and Target Drivers:
Cisco on Sourceforge, Intel, and Linux-iscsi-project. Which one
provides a better Target for a software Linux Raid 5 (several TB)?

Initially I want to use another Initiator Linux box to show several
LUN's can be mounted/used remotely. Final project is probably a
Solaris Initiator. It would be great to use similar Initiators.

I know I'm missing the basics. If a Solaris Initiator builds a Solaris
ufs, if something goes wrong, should I be able to fsck the Raid at
the Target? Does Linux understand ufs? Or, is the Linux box simply
doing the Raid 5 parity?

Thanks in advance,
Kelli

Relevant Pages

  • [Iscsitarget-devel] LUN mismatch on inteliscsi target
    ... I installed intel-iscsi-2.0.12 on my target (Linux ... Box) and ASA7211C on my initiator both ... using RedHat 9.0. ... On the target i get the attached error message. ...
    (RedHat)
  • iSCSI - Ready for Prime Time?
    ... I believe there are several iSCSI Initiator and Target Drivers: ... provides a better Target for a software Linux Raid 5? ... Initially I want to use another Initiator Linux box to show several ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • iSCSI - Ready for Prime Time?
    ... I believe there are several iSCSI Initiator and Target Drivers: ... provides a better Target for a software Linux Raid 5? ... Initially I want to use another Initiator Linux box to show several ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • iSCSI - Ready for Prime Time?
    ... I believe there are several iSCSI Initiator and Target Drivers: ... provides a better Target for a software Linux Raid 5? ... Initially I want to use another Initiator Linux box to show several ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)
  • iSCSI - Ready for Prime Time?
    ... I believe there are several iSCSI Initiator and Target Drivers: ... provides a better Target for a software Linux Raid 5? ... Initially I want to use another Initiator Linux box to show several ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)