iSCSI - Ready for Prime Time?

From: Kelli (Kelli_at_largecorp.com)
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 05:46:15 GMT

I believe there are several iSCSI Initiator and Target Drivers:
Cisco on Sourceforge, Intel, and Linux-iscsi-project. Which one
provides a better Target for a software Linux Raid 5 (several TB)?

Initially I want to use another Initiator Linux box to show several
LUN's can be mounted/used remotely. Final project is probably a
Solaris Initiator. It would be great to use similar Initiators.

I know I'm missing the basics. If a Solaris Initiator builds a Solaris
ufs, if something goes wrong, should I be able to fsck the Raid at
the Target? Does Linux understand ufs? Or, is the Linux box simply
doing the Raid 5 parity?

Thanks in advance,
Kelli