Re: VNC and NAT and firewall

From: Fritz (notarealemail_at_at.all)
Date: 08/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:24:41 +1000

You could do this using SSH tunnels and opening up port 22 forwarded to
your *Nix box.

Check out comp.security.ssh

Ole Jacob Taraldset wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any magick that can enable me to access,through VNC or similar, a
> Windows machine which is on a private network (NAT) and behind a couple of
> firewalls from a Linux machine which also is NATed and behind a firewall?
>
> What I'm thinking is that IMs like ICQ, AIM etc does something like this
> because you go through a 3rd server. Is there any solution that would
> enable this for VNC? Any other magick that could fix this? It's not
> possible to open ports on the firewall as that would be against company
> policy.
>
> Regards,
> Ole Jacob

Relevant Pages

  • Re: keeping ports open
    ... If a port is open, it means that 1) a software or service is running on your ... and 2) you're not using a firewall or your firewall isn't ... Use firewall software and hardware and antivirus software that is ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
  • Re: CEICW fails at firewall config
    ... ISA Server prevents connection to a remote desktop when you connect through ... Remote Web Workplace on a Windows Small Business Server 2003-based computer ... Acceleration Server as a firewall. ... connection uses TCP port 4125. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... >> server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... > before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... > program or executable using that port. ...
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... > tested on port 445. ... > I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... Secedit.exe is the name of a legitimate Windows file, ... investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with the latest updates ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)