smbmount <==> fstab .. and a touch of "Called name not present"

From: relaxedrob_at_optushome.com.au (relaxedrob_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: 09/01/04

Date: 31 Aug 2004 23:21:32 -0700

Hi All,

I am running RH9 and wish to mount a Win2000 drive. I run this command:

smbmount //hons.netcomp.monash.edu.au/RobertMarkBram \
   /tmp/hons \
   -o username=myusername,password=mypwd,netbiosname=HONS

And get the following response:
1307: session request to HONS.NETCOMP.MO failed (Called name not present)

BUT!! The mountpoint *is* made:
[root@robertmarkbram root]# mount
//hons.netcomp.monash.edu.au/RobertMarkBram on /tmp/hons type smbfs (0)

And I can navigate through the dir structure.

1) How could I fix this? Should I worry about it?

2) Can anyone help me make this into an fstab entry please?

Any advice most welcome!

Rob
:)