Re: Wireless-G USB adapter

From: Elliot Rosewater (hingerty_at_verizon.net)
Date: 11/08/04

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 14:10:48 GMT

Olivier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if it exists wireless (802.11g)USB adapters for linux.
> I found a lot of solutions (drivers) for windows, but not for linux.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Olivier
Hey I dont know but I have a wireless card linksys and a MS network, I
have installed Mandrake7 from an old disk, and it works OK, as long as
you dont wanna go online. ALso I have a S3 video card and my resolution
still looks fuzzy.
IDEAS
How to get card configured?
Fix resolution, Ive tried at least 20 dif drivers, (All the ones with S3
in their name)
Thanx
walt

Relevant Pages

  • Re: a very stange networking problem with a WiFi provider in France
    ... MAC layer transport handling between Windows and Linux but from my ... really assume that the Linux and Windoze drivers load the wireless ... Many wireless cards get most ... in indicated signal strength between different versions of Windoze ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: SUSE 9.3 and wireless network?
    ... native drivers, then ndiswrapper is your only free option. ... the Windows drivers with Linux code so you can use the Windows drivers ... called since I was only going to use the wireless for a few weeks. ... If you don't know the chipset of the wireless card you are using, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem
    ... Do you know of, can you name, another distro where "Wireless" does not ... well on laptops a two or three releases ago. ... I crossed out Linux and substituted Fedora. ... I'm assuming working drivers; ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem
    ... Do you know of, can you name, another distro where "Wireless" does not ... I crossed out Linux and substituted Fedora. ... I'm assuming working drivers; ... As for Dell? ...
    (Fedora)
  • State of the Union: Wireless
    ... Linux oldsters love the current state of wireless, ... Wireless drivers today are scattered to the four winds: ... a wireless stack was HostAP, or as it turned out, a HostAP derivative ...
    (Linux-Kernel)