SSH Connection Unstable during Heavy Loads

From: Buck Turgidson (jc_va_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/17/04

Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:48:53 -0500

I have a linux machine which I access remotely. Sometimes, when the box is
heavily loaded, or I am running an intensive process, my ssh connection to
it drops, and then I have to wait about 15 minutes for the firewall to let
me back in.

I have ClientAliveInterval set to 120 in sshd_config.

Any hints on what could be causing the drops, and how to avoid them would be
appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSH Connection Unstable during Heavy Loads
    ... Buck Turgidson wrote: ... > I have a linux machine which I access remotely. ... > heavily loaded, or I am running an intensive process, my ssh connection to ... > Any hints on what could be causing the drops, and how to avoid them would be ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Windows question
    ... machine can log into a linux machine on the same ... cygwin allows you to run x-based programs over an ssh connection. ... Kinda weird to see your Linux stuff running seamlessly on a Windows desktop. ...
    (alt.os.linux)