mount fails

From: Felix Miata (UgaddaBkidding.due2UCE_at_dev.nul)
Date: 11/25/04

    Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:25:47 -0500

    On all my Linux boxen, I use the same exports syntax. e.g.:

    When on OS/2 I do:

            mount -gid550 -uid500 X:

    I get success, because is my SuSE 8.2 box. However, on all
    my Linux boxen with newer distros, such as SuSE 9.1, I get failure, such

            IBM NFS of OS/2
            MOUNT version 3.99
            Release: m17

            NFSU1003: Drive X: could not be attached to the filesystem
            NFSU1028: Error creating NLM client

            Use the following command to show the export list of the server:
            Note: The VM NFS server does not support this command

    showexp returns:

            Export list for

    What do I need to do differently to achieve success using mount with
    newer distros?

    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or
    prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." U.S. Constitution, Amendment 1
     Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
    Felix Miata  ***
    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

    • Re: Tweaking SuSE
      ... Gonzalo, if it wasn't you I wouldn't bother answering, I would have hit ... than other distros on any of my computers. ... network -- in SuSE it is not slower even a bit! ... Windows behavior -- if it is considerably slower for you, ...
    • Re: Video editing in Linux?
      ... >>SuSE, Slackware, Debian, Gentoo and LFS and some I've probably forgotten. ... how distros can affect software ... >>anything from 30 mins plus with a binary distro. ...
    • Re: Is SuSE really going community-based like Fedora?
      ... Fedora is their unsupported, experimental distro. ... > supported" distro and a community based one (as if ALL distros were not ... Novell are saying it means that SuSE Pro will stay the same as it is now ...
    • Re: Newbie query: Ubuntu vs openSUSE
      ... Ubuntu: ... SUSE: big, very capable, quite complex, many many options. ... Liam, somehow you're coming off dissing rpm, which I'm sure wasn't your ... I used RPM-based distros for many years. ...
    • Re: Just pre-ordered SuSE 9.1 Pro
      ... > I've since moved to Slackware, which I like, but I'm using this opportunity to try other distros. ... which was one of my thoughts with SuSE. ... I fiddled around with Linux since SuSe brought 7.1 too. ... upgrade the servers because they run fine (squid, mailserver, NFS server, ...