Re: Interesting ipchains Challenge
Date: 12/30/04

Date: 30 Dec 2004 09:45:21 GMT

In article <>, Linux-Mike wrote:
> For traffic coming in on port 25, accept the packet locally, untouched,
> and deliver it to the SMTP Daemon. Additionally, take all data coming
> in on Port 25 to my IP address ( and send a copy of it out,
> changing the destination IP address from to (the test
> server).

TCP utilises handshaking, acknowledgments, retransmission, window sizing and
all sorts of things that are not going to make any implementation of this

Maybe you could either use a proxy that receives the mail and distributes
it to multiple servers, or just use something like rsync to keep the mail
spools on both systems identical.