Re: IPtables and BT

From: 7 (website_has_email_at_www.ecu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 01/11/05

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:27:44 GMT

bolero92@yahoo.com wrote:

> I am using Linux + IPtables as my company firewall.
> I found that someone is using Bittorrent to download something.
>

> I've searched the web and can't find any method to block BT.
> Is there any method which can block BT successfully?

How do you know its BT?
And if you do know, should you also not have connection
information to hand?

I use IPCop GNU/Linux firewall distro, and I can monitor every connection
source and destination to catch everybody and everything.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: bittorent on dialup
    ... >>A number of media files I want to download are available only on ... >>bittorrent format. ... > You will never finish the download. ... Your connection is too slow. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Downloading andLinux
    ... It is about 563MB in size and I only have an unreliable dial-up ... connection*. ... Or is it possible to download it in smaller pieces that can ... Or, you could use BitTorrent, although it doesn't work too well with dial up. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: 360 Slim ships today, on sale this week(!)
    ... person will experience on an 802.11g network. ... scaling to maintain a connection with a weak signal) don't include the ... download GT Prologue, and over three hours to fully download OngBak2 ... It's not necessarily that PSN is slow, but that many people are far ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • RE: Cannot Install Windows Media Player 11 beta
    ... Setup version 10.00.00.3646.] ... Checking for new UDB. ... We 'will' force a connection. ... Created instance of download manager. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Davenport Lyons - Watchdog Report
    ... those reasons actually did apply to him. ... How do you know its his connection, ... router or cable/dsl modem ... (note we dont ilegally download) ...
    (uk.legal)