Re: coming from pppoe mode, going to "standard" Lan mode

From: Thomas Ginestet (nospam_at_coldmel.com)
Date: 01/14/05

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:24:46 +0100
To: gimickser <gimickser@gmx.net>

gimickser a écrit :
> Thomas Ginestet wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to switch between the net connection with pppoe (at home)
>> and the traditionnal LAN connection (at the university), but i don't
>> know how to do that. My laptop refuses to connect on the Lan connection.
>> Does anyone can tell me more about ?
>> For information, i'm running under Debian.
>>
>> Thks
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> "Ce n'est pas l'alcool qui tient l'homme, c'est l'homme qui ne tient
>> pas l'alcool"
>> JC Convenant
>

> DHCP is the solution! I assume, your university network supports that,
> now you need a router including DHCP service at home.
> Then you don't need to worry about ip-addresses.
>
> Most internet router offer this solution.
>
> greetz
> gimickser

Yep but it's already in DHCP...that's why i don't know where the problem
  comes from. I think i should desactivate pppoe mode when i want to
connect at my university but i don't know how do to that whithout any
problem.
Any suggestion ?

Thomas
ps: i'd like a router at home but Santa Claus forgot it at christmas
time...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sending message to PC that is offline
    ... this is a characteristic of PPPoE. ... not all DSL connections use PPPoE or PPPoA; ... the user isn't actively using the Internet connection). ... hardware (such as a conventional dial-in modem and phone line). ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: ISA 2004 - Microsoft Firewall Event ID 14147
    ... PPPoE connection also isn't available till late in the boot process (which ... only those ports I want open are forwarded to the server. ... The 3COM NIC for Bellsouth connects directly to the DSL modem, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How make ISA on SBS 2003 Premium dial on startup
    ... manually to use the the PPPoE dialup connection. ... When you complete the CEICW, the PPPoE ... I suggest you to remove the dial up entry in the ISA 2000 and follow the KB article to re-run the CEICW. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: verizon FIOS +linux
    ... wo we temporarily hooked the Verizon ... router and activated the service. ... If pppoe, I'd need a phone line, which I ... many interruptions - seems like my connection works according to the ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: verizon FIOS +linux
    ... connection, which advertises 5Mbps upload, and between 5 and 50 Mbps ... Mbits/sec down, 2 Mbits/sec up ... router and activated the service. ... It's pppoe, not dhcp. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)