Re: coming from pppoe mode, going to "standard" Lan mode

From: Thomas Ginestet (nospam_at_coldmel.com)
Date: 01/14/05

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:24:46 +0100
To: gimickser <gimickser@gmx.net>

gimickser a écrit :
> Thomas Ginestet wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to switch between the net connection with pppoe (at home)
>> and the traditionnal LAN connection (at the university), but i don't
>> know how to do that. My laptop refuses to connect on the Lan connection.
>> Does anyone can tell me more about ?
>> For information, i'm running under Debian.
>>
>> Thks
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> "Ce n'est pas l'alcool qui tient l'homme, c'est l'homme qui ne tient
>> pas l'alcool"
>> JC Convenant
>

> DHCP is the solution! I assume, your university network supports that,
> now you need a router including DHCP service at home.
> Then you don't need to worry about ip-addresses.
>
> Most internet router offer this solution.
>
> greetz
> gimickser

Yep but it's already in DHCP...that's why i don't know where the problem
  comes from. I think i should desactivate pppoe mode when i want to
connect at my university but i don't know how do to that whithout any
problem.
Any suggestion ?

Thomas
ps: i'd like a router at home but Santa Claus forgot it at christmas
time...