ISDN PPP and fax...?

From: Tor Tveitane (epost_at_bushsoft.com)
Date: 01/15/05

Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:14:58 +0100

Hi,

I consider putting an ISDN card in my Linux RH9 box. I want to use the card
as internet connection backup when the ADSL system is down (PPP), ISDN call
logging and also for fax receiving / transmittal (using Hylafax..?)

Which hardware do I need? I have considered the FRITZ!Card PCI ISDN v2.0
and some Eicon mdels, maybe Diva PCI model 600-750 or Diva PCI 2.01 model
311-142.

Can I use one of the above cards to achieve the described functionality?

In any case, thanks for any hints on [affordable] hardware, drivers and
howtos on this issue

thanks in advance

best regards

Tor

Relevant Pages

  • ISDN wizards needed ;-)
    ... I consider putting an ISDN card in my Linux RH9 box. ... maybe Diva PCI model 600-750 or Diva PCI 2.01 model ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Direct Sound playback rate not accurate
    ... >> I am using Direct Sound to output speech from an ISDN interface card on the ... ISDN speech samples arrive at a rate of 8000 per second so I ... >> that Direct Sound is playing the data around 1% faster than I am loading the ... This is best done when there is silence. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • ISDN Setup: isdn_net: local hangup ippp0
    ... Trying to setup a Micronet ISDN PCI card to dial into ... It's supposed to be a multilink isdn ... ... Now, which protocol to chose??? ... # The REMOTEMSN must be the areacode (without the leading zero) + ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: ISDN to Broadband upgrade
    ... Having just got Broadband installed in my office, ... Unipod/network card so that a both machines can be networked. ... As the outgoing ISDN modem (bought at Acorn SE show Epsom about 5yrs ... to an Ethernet port or to a USB port. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Top 3 Applications You Wish Existed in Linux
    ... appropriate card). ... if you have an ISDN setup you can still use analog ... Of course it's the digital connection at one end that permitted the ... higher speeds for V.90 dial up modems. ...
    (SuSE)