ipv6 and XDMCP

From: Captain Dondo (yan_at_NsOeSiPnAeMr.com)
Date: 01/19/05

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:16:47 -0800

I'm setting up a network where logins happen via gdm + XDMCP. Everything
works fine, except that all the Fedora Core 2 machines show up twice in
the browser, once with their IPV4 name and IP address, and once with just
the IPV6 address.

This is really frustrating... I can't figure out how to turn off the
ipv6 address in Fedora Core 2.

Is there a way to prevent ifconfig (or the kernel) issuing out IPV6
addresses? Do I need to turn off all of the IPV6 stuff in the kernel and
recompile?

Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed?

TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HELP SSHD crashes on startup
    ... >> Fresh install of Fedora Core 3 and SSH crashes on startup with the ... kernel because support was added for ipv6. ... And then rebooting. ... Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021 ...
    (Fedora)
  • FC3: IPv6 Route add failed; ping6 not working
    ... I have a Fedora Core 3 PC with a IPv6 Address. ... ip -6 route add '16::/16' dev eth0 ...
    (Fedora)
  • Question on disabling IPv6 on specific interfaces.
    ... I'd like to be able to disable the auto-creation of IPv6 addresses on ... certain interfaces. ... I'm currently using Fedora Core 8, kernel 2.6.24 ...
    (Fedora)
  • MOZILLA 1.7 RELEASED
    ... Under new issues there is an interesting thing about FC2: ... enabled by default in Fedora Core 2. ... If you do not need IPv6 ... the ipv6 kernel module). ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Why is NFSv4 so slow?
    ... familiar with NFSv4 though). ... Jun 27 18:04:44 rpcbind: cannot get information for tcp6 ... These two usually indicate you removed IPv6 support from the kernel, ...
    (freebsd-stable)