Re: DHCP Error

From: Dan (dan_at_dontspammecauseidontlikit.com)
Date: 02/15/05

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:15:12 +0800

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:49:33 GMT, Tauno Voipio
<tauno.voipio@iki.fi.NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:

>You just say that eth0 is for the ADSL modem. Please tell
>the DHCP daemon that you want it on eth1.
>
>The daemon is complaining that it cannot handle eth0 which
>is running without an IP for PPPoE.

Thanks, I found the setting in /etc/default/dhcp

Dan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Newbie NAT question
    ... > Tauno Voipio escreveu: ... >> of the gateway host, so we do not need to guess so much. ... > eth0 Encapsulamento do Link: ... > pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: ADSL + Client connect with Internet problem
    ... eth0 connect with ADSL modem ... I don't understand what you are expecting from this eth0 config if it is ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (Fedora)
  • outgoing 10.x.x.x packets being logged
    ... ADSL modem, and eth1 connected to a switch to which my home computers ... iface eth0 inet static ... Among other things, it stops all packets ... I am no expert in TCP/IP, though I have an overall understanding ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: FC1 -> FC2: very slow xDSL connection...
    ... It's an Ethernet ADSL modem, ... what is your network setup like generally? ... Well, I started configuring eth0 and ppp0, but in an Italian document I ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: outgoing 10.x.x.x packets being logged
    ... >> an ADSL modem, and eth1 connected to a switch to which my home ... IP settings for Your eth0 will never be used (and, ... Among other things, it stops all packets ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)