Re: modifying /etc/sysconfig/iptables manually, but with no success

From: Robert (noone_at_noplace.nowhere)
Date: 04/02/05

Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:49:42 -0500

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:20:13 +0200, Sanal Kisi wrote:

> Hello,
> I setup a RHAS3 with 2 NICs, one connected to internet with real IP
> and the other connected to my local LAN. I have modified the
> ip_forwarding file content and issued the iptables line below

The most simplest way to fix this is to go back to the original iptables
file that was working before you played with it and then go through the
steps you did before to see it working properly After it is working
the way you want issue an 'iptables save' to save a new iptables file
in /etc/sysconfig. Then look at it and you will see what you did wrong.

--
Regards
Robert