Re: modifying /etc/sysconfig/iptables manually, but with no success

From: Robert (noone_at_noplace.nowhere)
Date: 04/02/05

Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:49:42 -0500

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:20:13 +0200, Sanal Kisi wrote:

> Hello,
> I setup a RHAS3 with 2 NICs, one connected to internet with real IP
> and the other connected to my local LAN. I have modified the
> ip_forwarding file content and issued the iptables line below

The most simplest way to fix this is to go back to the original iptables
file that was working before you played with it and then go through the
steps you did before to see it working properly After it is working
the way you want issue an 'iptables save' to save a new iptables file
in /etc/sysconfig. Then look at it and you will see what you did wrong.

--
Regards
Robert

  • Re: Starting shorewall
    ... It pauses now for a second or so when it mentions each ... If you're talking about checking the local LAN for available shares, ... which now allows you to discover smb shares on the LAN without ... disabling your iptables firewall. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: iptables - problem with forwarding traffic
    ... > I am new to iptables but comfortable with Linux. ... > these servers would server both local and non-local internet users. ... regardless of the port etc. details of the traffic. ... You must remember that you must snat local lan ip to the same address used ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Replacement for KPF 2.1.5
    ... BSD's firewalls but do know IPTABLES well. ... How do they compare? ... Smile... ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Change from ipchains to iptables
    ... > have just iptables, but I can't get it to start. ... If you need help setting up a rule set let me know and I will help you. ... Smile... ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)