Re: hook up to mac +file sharing

From: Alexander Clouter (alex_at_digriz.junk-this.org.uk)
Date: 05/24/05

Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:49:41 -0000

On 2005-05-23, David Dorward <dorward@yahoo.com> wrote:
> -! m@ wrote:
>
>> How do I hook a FC4T2 box to a Mac 0s 8.0 box? It demands me to use
>> AppleTalk to file share
>
> Well:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=linux%20appletalk%20file%20sharing
> leads me to:
> http://blog.subverted.net/index.php?p=343
> which looks like exactly what you want.

<reply>
omg! what do you mean. I am far too busy to put my brain into gear and use
such tools and get the answer I need in five minutes. Its far better to:

1) create a posting for a newsgroup where the keywords contained would give
        me a google search
2) find a (un)suitable newsgroup to post to
3) connect to the Internet
4) post the message and watch it spread like an uncontrolled multicast packet
5) wait at least a couple of hours if not days for a response
6) spend those hours/days polling the newsgroup
7) read with delight the URL that someone has pulled from said Google search
        on my lazy behalf
8) [prediction, sweepstake anyone?] reply with "thanks but I used Google and
        got what I needed minutes after my original posting"
</reply>

/me dons his Asbestos undies

I personally would expect no less from a Deadrat user. On the flip side if
this was a Gentoo posting it would probably be "how can I compile Appletalk
with -fgod-make-it-fast -fno-clue to speak to my old skool Mac with barely
Ethernet 10baseT" :)

Maybe I'm getting old, but with all the other USENET postings that can be
summarised 50% of the time to "use Google numbnut" you would hope some
Clue(tm) would through osmosis leak into there....I would hope... Then again
working on a helldesk tells you this is far from the mark. :-/

Cheers

Alex

Relevant Pages

  • Re: AJAX problem
    ... I have not replied because the OP is using Google Groups, ... Google newsgroups is the only newsgroup I have found that has ... A handfull of individuals here seems to raise themself ... I myself very seldom if evermore do posting a question here or on any ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: just curious - nations represented here...
    ... One of your posts went there. ... Posting notices to the newbee peeps is most presumptuous of who they are and very arrogant of you. ... An AOL-ER posting out of Google using a Browser decrees who is ... I use AOL because I also enjoy the message boards and chat rooms AOL offers, I am perfectly capable of paying a service for newsgroup access, and posting from a made up email address like you do, I just choose not to. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: just curious - nations represented here...
    ... your new buddy (jBl) purposefully sends folks replies ... Posting notices to the ... > I say you were put in exactly the best newsgroup. ... >> An AOL-ER posting out of Google using a Browser decrees who is ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
    ... On 06 May 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.misc, in article ... Google is making a lot of enemies, ... I don't yet know how many useful/helpful people are posting from there, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Errors!!
    ... I currently have 1G memory and the page file size is 1536MB ... > Please reply only to the newsgroup and not to me directly so that everyone ... I don't have any need for AppleTalk and i don't use any MAC's. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)