How to use iptables to forward Microsoft Exchange connections -- possibly with ssh?

johnfofawn_at_hotmail.com
Date: 06/22/05

Date: 22 Jun 2005 06:49:07 -0700

Hi,

I have a somewhat "reverse" problem that most people have with
firewalls.

My company has a development LAN and a "company" LAN. The development
LAN is where I do my work. The "company" LAN has an Exchange server and
is where I read my email. I have two computers at my desk. One for each
LAN.

There is limited connectivity between the two LANs. I can browse the
internal web from the development LAN, but I can't get my Exchange
email.

We have a Linux box (AS4) that is on BOTH LANS that I can ssh to from
both of my computers. What I want to do is use iptables and/or ssh to
make it so I can access the Exchange server from the development LAN.

Is this possible?

I've been able to port forward ports 143 and 25 so I can do IMAP. This
is good, but it's not the full-blown exchange that I want.

Any ideas or advice?

I have both a Linux box and a Windows box (I have root) on the
development LAN. I have access to the Linux box that is connected to
both networks, but I don't have root there.

THANKS!!!
John