How to use iptables to forward Microsoft Exchange connections -- possibly with ssh?

johnfofawn_at_hotmail.com
Date: 06/22/05

Date: 22 Jun 2005 06:49:07 -0700

Hi,

I have a somewhat "reverse" problem that most people have with
firewalls.

My company has a development LAN and a "company" LAN. The development
LAN is where I do my work. The "company" LAN has an Exchange server and
is where I read my email. I have two computers at my desk. One for each
LAN.

There is limited connectivity between the two LANs. I can browse the
internal web from the development LAN, but I can't get my Exchange
email.

We have a Linux box (AS4) that is on BOTH LANS that I can ssh to from
both of my computers. What I want to do is use iptables and/or ssh to
make it so I can access the Exchange server from the development LAN.

Is this possible?

I've been able to port forward ports 143 and 25 so I can do IMAP. This
is good, but it's not the full-blown exchange that I want.

Any ideas or advice?

I have both a Linux box and a Windows box (I have root) on the
development LAN. I have access to the Linux box that is connected to
both networks, but I don't have root there.

THANKS!!!
John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I loathe to ask this ... but I have to use outlook for email now
    ... >> are on different lans and the lan that the exchange server is ... >> on is not accessible to the lan my Linux box is on due to ... do as others have suggested and re-mail your saved messages to ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: I loathe to ask this ... but I have to use outlook for email now
    ... >> using a ms exchange based mail server via outlook. ... The problem with this is that my Linux and windows w/stations are on ... different lans and the lan that the exchange server is on is not accessible ... to the lan my Linux box is on due to security constraints. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: DSL works, almost
    ... >> suggested masquerading your LAN behind your Linux router. ... >> your modem router would only answer for local LAN IPs in its network. ... >> modem) would eliminate the double NAT (masquerading behind NAT). ... >> I am not familiar with WinPoET and whether it differs from standard PPPoE. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Internet Explorer possible to use securely on heterogeneous LAN?
    ... I am asking this here because have a LAN with two Linux boxes, ... Now I have made all passwords strong, changed the Win2k users to ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Internet Explorer possible to use securely on heterogeneous LAN?
    ... I am asking this here because have a LAN with two Linux boxes, ... Now I have made all passwords strong, changed the Win2k users to ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)