Routing with Hub/Switch
Date: 07/06/05

Date: 6 Jul 2005 01:26:34 -0700

I having problem in routing between this 2 pc,when i put cross-cable
between this 2 pc,i can ping6 or ping. but when i put hub between both
of the pc,i can't ping6 or ping.

Linux PC1-----hub/switch----Linux PC2
3ffe:80d0:ff03:1::1 3ffe:80d0:ff03:1::2

what is the different? why?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Routing with Hub/Switch
    ... > of the pc,i can't ping6 or ping. ... You've either a bad cable or bad hub. ... A hub should be transparent to data. ...
  • Re: Fedora 4 Routing table question
    ... Fedora 4 Routing table question ... maybe it isn't my routing table. ... boxes can ping the Linux box and the Linux box can ping the windows ...
  • Re: Dual NICs, Routing Problem
    ... OK - notice that ping doesn't complain about unknown or unreachable host. ... ARP reply. ... >I think the issue is that the routing table is not working though. ...
  • Re: Lost netconfig, how to get it back
    ... >use to plug my server was blinking fast and often, the HUB,s red ... The collision lights are normal in a hub environment. ... - ping the IP of anyother locally connected machine or router. ... Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv. ...
  • Re: Need help setting IP address on DS20 (VMS 7.3)
    ... I can ping the other systems in the hub from the PC. ... INET driver before I could even see the interfaces with TCPIP SHOW INT. ... But that's not the case on this DS20. ...