Re: answerworks won't go away, and I have another virus already!

From: Rich Grise (richgrise_at_example.net)
Date: 07/13/05

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:58:56 GMT

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:36:28 +0000, Rich Grise wrote:

> Well, here's the whole script - it gets run during
> etc/rc.d/rc.inet2, FWIW.
> http://neodruid.org/rc.firewall.txt

FWIW, here's the ouput of iptables -L on ops (the
"server" with the "firewall".)
http://neodruid.org/iptables_-L.txt

> Any comments? (on any of this rambling dissertation?)

Thanks!
Rich

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NIS client couldnt log in
    ... >> off iptables, the client bound to the server and all the yptools ... and ypbind in broadcast mode (ypcat and ypwhich would ... >> work at all if i specified the server). ... Further, ypbind uses the ...
    (RedHat)
  • Need help configuring IPtables w/ DMZ, 2 LAN, and INET
    ... I am desperately in need of assistance in configuring an IPtables ... firewall on a Red Hat Linux 9.0 server. ... Chain FORWARD ... tcp dpt:25 flags:0x16/0x02 ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Static IP w/ PPPoe xDSL Firewall
    ... iptables -F -t nat ... # Kill malformed XMAS packets ... # Refuse incoming packets pretending to be from the external address. ... # server/client to server query or response ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Modprobe question
    ... >> Made some minor changes to iptables and did a restart. ... >> modprobe seems to be doing something but I can't tell what. ... >> course the server seems to be running fine. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • losing connection to server when scanned by nmap - Iptables
    ... The iptables script applied to the NIC is shown below. ... the web server or ssh into the server when I do this scan. ... echo 2> $f ... # Refuse packets claiming to be from a Class A private network. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)