wireless networking

hawat.thufir_at_gmail.com
Date: 07/25/05

Date: 24 Jul 2005 20:09:42 -0700

I have two computers, arrakis and caladan, which I'd like to connect to
the an SMC7004VWBR router. The router provides the internet connection
but isn't physically accessible. Therefore, the connection must be
wireless (wi-fi, 802.11b).

Is it possible for arrakis to use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) to
give caladan internet access? I'm looking at firestarter:

<http://www.fs-security.com/docs/connection-sharing.php>

as a way of doing this.

thanks,

Thufir

Relevant Pages

  • MAC address difficulties from knoppix and win2k
    ... two computers: Arrakis and Caladan. ... internet connections through the Asus WL-330g, ... the Linux installation on Arrakis also gets an internet connection. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: creating a workgroup to share a folder
    ... At this point the most informative test to run is to set Caladan to ... > obtain an address automatically and connect it directly to the router. ... I can't connect Caladan or Arrakis directly to the router. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: wireless networking
    ... That is the SMC router job!! ... arrakis and caladan directly to the router. ... an option because the connection must be wireless. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: 2 computer network from Wi-Fi
    ... > the connection to the router. ... named arrakis and caladan. ... If you want arrakis to forward packets from eth1 to eth0, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: 2 computer network from Wi-Fi
    ... For packets to get to the Internet from caladan, they have to be sent to ... For the packets to GET BACK TO caladan, the router has to know ... to send the packets to arrakis for forwarding. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)