Re: sshd ssh question

From: CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert (Fake_at_ThisOneIsFake.com)
Date: 08/04/05

Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:41:05 -0400

Bill Marcum wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:40:57 -0400, CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert
> <Fake@ThisOneIsFake.com> wrote:
>
>>I logged into my home computer from work as I am now. The secure log
>>shows me logging in but the IP address does not match the computer I am
>>currently on. What does this mean?
>>

> Maybe it is the IP of your company firewall?
> Does the computer you are on have an internet ip address, or a local
> address such as 192.168.* or 10.*?

Its an internet IP address. Could be the firewall I suppose. Just
surprised it would change the IP address like that when its a full
fledged address.

--
Respectfully,
CL Gilbert

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Router Internet Monitoring
    ... Problem with Pix is it is logging literally everything, ... Can you use the Cisco Pix Device Manager to filter the log? ... Subject: Router Internet Monitoring ... Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Router Internet Monitoring
    ... Problem with Pix is it is logging literally everything, ... Can you use the Cisco Pix Device Manager to filter the log? ... Subject: Router Internet Monitoring ... Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • [fw-wiz] RE: Router Internet Monitoring
    ... Problem with Pix is it is logging literally everything, ... fully explored filtering, we use Kiwi Syslog Daemon for logging but the file ... Can you use the Cisco Pix Device Manager to filter the log? ... Subject: Router Internet Monitoring ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Windows user logging
    ... You would have to enable auditing of logon events for that computer to see ... when a user is logging on/off and examine security log in Event Viewer ... proxy server or certain internet appliances are ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Enabling logging on IPC$ share ?
    ... You should hope to see no access from the internet to a domain ... controller unless this is a intrusion detection project on a non production DC. ... events will give you the most information in conjunction with firewall logs. ... I have enabled all kinds of logging, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)