Traceroute not displaying getway IP address within Hops

shannonwhitty_at_hotmail.com
Date: 08/09/05

    Date: 8 Aug 2005 21:17:39 -0700

    I'm trying to traceroute from a machine on our network to another
    machine on an attached network.

    Whenever I perform the traceroute I get the following output which is
    quite useless. Is the a switch somewhere that I can turn on/off to
    produce a logical output to trace the actual hops that I go over?

    # traceroute h10109
    traceroute to h10109 (10.116.XX.XX), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
     1 h10109 (10.116.XX.XX) 1.982 ms 2.177 ms 1.786 ms
     2 h10109 (10.116.XX.XX) 3.217 ms 2.629 ms 6.268 ms
     3 h10109 (10.116.XX.XX) 27.657 ms 27.100 ms 39.746 ms
     4 h10109 (10.116.XX.XX) 82.549 ms 39.026 ms 35.047 ms
     5 * * *

    This just repeats the destination IP address instead of displaying the
    hops...

    THanks

    • Re: OT: the detection of illegal gateways
      ... I suggest checking if the script exists in the NMAP scripts, if the script isn't there then NMAP will have all the tools you need. ... plugged into the network (for creating a "faster" connection to the internet ... Sonar cleverly uses traceroute for detecting routers that illegally exchange ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Lockout a country.
      ... I don't know how your network is set, ... at all at how packets are routed from "there" to "here". ... results using the original Unix version of traceroute ... nothing other than break traceroute at those hops, ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • RE: Strange traceroute output on Road Runner for an RFC 1918 address
      ... I'd thought the ingress/egress filtering was being done on the ... individual cable modems as well. ... traceroute goes that far into RR's network, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: setting up a 10.1 box to become a router
      ... What I do with network or internet related problems is to follow the OSI ... First I look if the machine is on and if there are any other strange ... Next I will see if there is some sort of network connection possible. ... Then I will do a traceroute from other places. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: New thread, broadcom 802-11 related
      ... It can now ping all the machines on my local network. ... And while it can resolve a tracerouted address, the traceroute itself is blocked before it gets to my router. ... The routing table on the lappy isn't sensible either after all this by hand stuff but I don't think thats it when I can ping all the locals, and ATM I'm ssh -X into 'wireless' which is an alias for diablo that hits the wireless ports address, from this machine. ...
      (Fedora)