Re: samba question

From: Charly (nospam_at_nospam.com)
Date: 08/09/05

Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 09:14:30 GMT

" <Fake@ThisOneIsFake.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:2MydncUhILYkuGXfRVn-oQ@comcast.com...
> Charly wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a samba server and 5 xp home clients.
>> Each client has a share:
>> xp1 has share1
>> xp2 has share 2 ....and so on.
>> Every share can be reached only with user identification and password.
>> xp1 can reach only share1, for example.
>> But the problem is that xp1 sees also all the other shares (even if he
>> can't enter). Is there a way to see only the share of the user that
>> logged on ?
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>> .
>
> what do you mean only the share of the user that logged on? the shares
> you see have to do with your own permissions, not anybody elses!?

exactly: I want to see only that share for which I have the permission
(there are other 100 shares with other users).
But even if I put in the share browsable = NO is does't work... can you help
me ???

Relevant Pages

  • Re: removing user from domain users group doesnt help
    ... What I would do is to give that global group deny access this computer from ... only access shares on that server. ... give that group deny permissions for other shares on that server. ...
  • Re: removing user from domain users group doesnt help
    ... user permissions to any shares and instead give permissions to the global groups you want to have access or give the global group deny permissions to the shares you don't want them to access or deny access this computer from the network user right for computers you don't want them to access shares on which can easily be managed via Group Policy. ... I have few shared folders on my w2k3 file server and most of them allow read access for the domain users group. ...
  • Re: removing user from domain users group doesnt help
    ... user permissions to any shares and instead give permissions to the global ... the shares you don't want them to access or deny access this computer from ... to the shares and do not include users/domain ... I have few shared folders on my w2k3 file server and most of them allow ...
  • Re: cant get access to disk share when connecting from a remote s
    ... > When I am connecting to the shares created by the script I always connect ... > with the admin username and password of the system that the shares are on; ... NTFS permissions on the files and folders themselves. ...
  • Re: VBScript to audit shares and share permissions
    ... You can also use SRVCHECK tool included in Windows Server Resources Kit. ... A simple script will allow you to scan all your network. ... see all shares. ... VBScript to audit shares and share permissions ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)