What https-based vpn is advized ?

From: Ton 't Lam (tonl_at_nospam.nl)
Date: 09/10/05

Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:11:27 +0200

I want to set up a HTTPS-based VPN. What S/W to use? openswan, openvpn,
freeswan, something else ?

Thanks a lot,
Ton

Relevant Pages

  • Removal of freeswan from sarge
    ... Reasoning: freeswan is dead. ... package updates to new upstream version have not taken that long ... third-party patches I have been applying to the Debian package over the last ... Since quite some time, I am also packaging openswan, and for nearly that long ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OpenSwan
    ... My kernel is 2.6.9-5.ELsmp. ... When I uninstalled openswan and I installed freeswan, after, the error was ... if your kernel 2.4 upgrade(install) your kernel or try install kernel ...
    (RedHat)
  • Routing problem with openvpn and openswan
    ... OpenSwan, works like a charm. ... This dapper-box is also an OpenVPN-gateway ... OpenSwan link so they can reach the remote office. ... have to do some magic tricks to transform the OpenVPN traffic or something. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: VPN server recommendation
    ... >> A fellow administrator suggested that we used OpenVPN. ... >> The only VPN I have heard about is Poptop. ... > I've only used FreeSwan, which does the job connecting two sites ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Strongswan
    ... openvpn. ... openswan is more complicated than ... The advantage of strongswan is the integration in NetworkManager, ... OpenVPN and Cisco VPN ...
    (Fedora)