Re: Commercial file-server software

From: Christopher Browne (cbbrowne_at_acm.org)
Date: 09/13/05

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:58:34 GMT

> I am looking for commercially available software to provide fileserver
> capabilities under Linux. I am aware of Samba but I cannot use
> open-source or free software. Basically I want to load Linux onto an
> Apple G5 and act as a file server to connected clients.
>
> I've done a lot of searching and everybody seems to point at Samba for
> this. I need a stand-alone (can't be part of an OS) product, that
> supports Linux on PowerPC, that can do this and is commercially
> avialable. Any suggestions or companies to look at?

Have you considered purchasing AIX or Mac OS-X?

Those seem likely to be more suitable for your purposes.

--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [opensuse] trying to figure out how to share a data drive
    ... information about your linux setup so I can make sure we are talking ... partition that windows can read in a dual-boot scenario, ... running samba on linux, then you can share disk space just as if the operating ... your user name is 'george' If it's not, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Samba Network
    ... only samba and may stay this way for a time. ... I can write from a linux box accross ... 100000 2 tcp 111 portmapper ... 100000 2 udp 111 portmapper ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] SAMBA.
    ... Stumbled across this about SAMBA authentication and windows ... authentication separate from the general linux authentication (I don't ... This is really the worst parts of setting up a home server. ...
    (SuSE)
  • authenticating users from a Windows Domain Controller on Red Hat AS 3 U3
    ... I am trying to set up a Linux server to authenticate ... Samba share, even if specify everyone can use the share. ... Kinit failed: Malformed representation of principal ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Two problems with Samba on Suse 9.1 and Windows 98 (reposted)
    ... > I have two problems with a setup that includes two Win98 machines and ... > server on the Linux box, in addition to the existing Samba client. ... As far as I know Samba (which implements a peer-to-peer server message block ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)