Re: windows software required

From: Snowbat (snowbat_at_geocities.com)
Date: 10/05/05

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 02:13:37 -0300

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:27:49 -0700, hawat.thufir wrote:

> What's unclear to me is: What happens when Caladan runs the Asus
> utility and detects the wireless adapter?

I think you mean the the Access Point? Your boxes are connected through a
switch to this AP using ethernet, right?

> More specifically, what changed which suddenly gave Caladan internet
> access?

I'd guess it sets up a default route. From your description (Linux on a
dual-boot box has access only after configuring from the Windows
installation on that box), I'd guess there is also some kind of MAC
registration going on in the AP. I see there is an option in the AP setup
page for 'MAC address clone' - is that feature enabled? You could try
disabling that and see if everything works.