Start VPN on demand

chris-usenet_at_roaima.co.uk
Date: 10/12/05

    Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:21:00 +0100

    Hi folks,

    I'm using vpnc on my laptop to connect to a cisco vpn server. I don't
    need the link very often, and currently I start/stop it in a command
    line window. However, I'd prefer to do this automatically: is there any
    way of being able to bring up the link on demand?

    I guess the general question is whether it's possible to watch for
    packets to certain addresses and if matched, to run a program.

    I've considered writing a shell script based around either tcpdump, or
    a DROP/LOG rule in iptables, but before I go down that route I thought
    it would be more sensible to ask here. After all, I don't really wnat
    to reinvent the wheel.

    Thanks,
    Chris

    • Re: [opensuse] Question about Cisco VPN
      ... CISCO VPN server, I have my profile. ... recommend. ... I can to connect to a CISCO VPN server with vpnc package ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Neal
      ... I'm not sure as I'm not on my laptop now, but I think when I installed ... Start/Stop you could program the foot pedal. ... What price does Start/Stop want for it? ... Why can't any USB foot pedal ...
      (sci.med.transcription)