route/nat

From: Hendrik Greving (hendrik.greving_at_iss.rwth-aachen.de)
Date: 10/19/05

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:53:04 +0200

Hi,

I have a gateway which routes/nat my LAN traffic to a vpn (vpnc) tunnel.
    This tunnel goes to university which blocks many ports. On the other
hand, there's a backup connection which can be used on the regular
interface (in my case eth1) which is open.

So
currently everything goes to vpnlink (vpnc interface)

In order to bypass the ports blockers,

Can I make connections using a certain port go through the eth1 interface?
Can I make all traffic of a certain IP to be routed to the eth1 interface?

Regards,
Hendrik Greving

Relevant Pages

  • Re: route/nat
    ... Hendrik Greving wrote: ... > I have a gateway which routes/nat my LAN traffic to a vpn (vpnc) tunnel. ... > Can I make connections using a certain port go through the eth1 interface? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: route/nat
    ... > I have a gateway which routes/nat my LAN traffic to a vpn (vpnc) tunnel. ... > Can I make connections using a certain port go through the eth1 interface? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Is there an SSH client which will tunnel ALL ports (TCP & UDP)?
    ... will actually tunnel ANY traffic bound out of the client ... I guessed that ports in use could not be forwarded. ... >it's time for you to move beyond ssh, ... >>and route it through an SSH tunnel. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: VPN (after Tunnel) connection impossible
    ... > and I asked to my ISP to create a rule to forward some ports (500 UDP, ... The tunnel works and for example if I ... execute ssh and other but doesn't works. ... > DEACTIVATED my Firewall in these tests and traffic from Wan to DMZ ...
    (comp.security.misc)