Re: route/nat

From: Tauno Voipio (tauno.voipio_at_iki.fi.NOSPAM.invalid)
Date: 10/20/05

    Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 06:00:16 GMT

    Hendrik Greving wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a gateway which routes/nat my LAN traffic to a vpn (vpnc) tunnel.
    > This tunnel goes to university which blocks many ports. On the other
    > hand, there's a backup connection which can be used on the regular
    > interface (in my case eth1) which is open.
    >
    > So
    > currently everything goes to vpnlink (vpnc interface)
    >
    > In order to bypass the ports blockers,
    >
    > Can I make connections using a certain port go through the eth1 interface?
    > Can I make all traffic of a certain IP to be routed to the eth1 interface?

    Please note that many VPN systems disable other network
    traffic for the duration of the tunnel connection. This
    is done to prevent sneak paths around the organization's
    firewall (probably the thing you're trying to achieve).

    --
    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi

    • Re: route/nat
      ... Hendrik Greving wrote: ... > I have a gateway which routes/nat my LAN traffic to a vpn (vpnc) tunnel. ... > Can I make connections using a certain port go through the eth1 interface? ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • route/nat
      ... I have a gateway which routes/nat my LAN traffic to a vpn (vpnc) tunnel. ... This tunnel goes to university which blocks many ports. ... Can I make connections using a certain port go through the eth1 interface? ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: VPN versus Terminal Server for remote workers
      ... If one wants to cross the river and gets into a secure tunnel, ... this does not really help me understand why the hardware will allow ... By default and intention 'split tunneling' of VPN connections is not ... as far as using Term Server, the question really is: ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: RV042 - Does anyone understand it? Documentation?
      ... if one is using an RV042 for VPN, then what affect does the routing table have on the VPN packets? ... When the packet is received at the other end of the tunnel, it will still be destined for a "foreign" private subnet. ... In other words the range of IP's you are trying to reach and the range of IP's the traffic is coming from MUST be included in the subnets for the encrypted tunnel. ...
      (comp.dcom.vpn)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Secure access to LAN resources (WAS: terminal services)
      ... > encrypted tunnel. ... VPN devices are designed to do strong authentication. ... It's always a trade-off between risk and protection. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)