How can I verify which machines are turn on in single LAN from a websever?

From: GS (globalswamy_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/29/05

Date: 29 Oct 2005 08:32:05 -0700

Hello,

we have around 25 machiens in two floors, all are on single LAN with
single subnet, one Router provides all network related services, but we
have inernal web server for internal web site purpose. All LAN machines
gets ip address from Router using DHCP. from this web server, how can I
know which machines are on and which are off. I can ping by based on ip
addr?. the reason is, I need to backup some directories from other
Linux nachines, then I need to store all that on different external
disk. Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How can I verify which machines are turn on in single LAN from a websever?
    ... > we have around 25 machiens in two floors, all are on single LAN with ... > have inernal web server for internal web site purpose. ... > gets ip address from Router using DHCP. ... Assuming the computers are configured to respond to ping, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Cant use FP2K on 2nd PC to connect to server
    ... that tells me it's not a port 21 issue with the Linksys. ... Advice from work was to> check my Linksys wrt54g router for setting that> might restrict that port that the desktop is on. ... Home wireless network,>>> desktop hard-wired to router, laptop wireless to router. ... >>> My laptop can connect to my web server fine for ftp. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • [NEWS] NETGEAR RT311/RT314 Cross-Site Issue
    ... RT311 Gateway Router provides the dynamic Internet connection. ... Scripting Vulnerability ... Tested on NETGEAR RT314 running firmware versions 3.24 and 3.25. ... The NETGEAR Router runs a web server ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: LInksys WAG354G Router Woes
    ... my local network, one is my main computer and the other is my web server. ... The router is set to forward ports 80 and 443 to the machine with the ... WEP and trouble free port forwarding? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Which Router for VPN and Webhosting
    ... I would hope it's not a Win 98 machine running this Web Server ... > that Win98 Intranet Web server machine and take it down, ... Linksys firewall router, but I've run into a high rate of heat ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)