OSPF with Quagga on Linux

From: Charles Price (cpwp_at_NO-SPAM-PLEASEw3z.co.uk)
Date: 11/08/05

Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:25:09 +0000

I am running a Linux machine as a PPPoE access concentrator.

      A----------------B C----------
PPP----| Concentrator | <--OSPF--> | Router |---> Internet
       ---------------- ----------

Interface "A" : No IP address, PPPoE tunnels only
Interface "B" : 192.168.1.1/24
Interface "C" : 192.168.1.2/24

Interface "A" handles incoming PPPoE tunnels with endpoint addresses in the
10.0.0.0/16 and 192.168.0.0/24 ranges. ospfd advertises routes to the
addresses of these tunnels through interface "B" when the interface comes
up.

Is there a way to prevent ospfd from advertising the 10.0.0.0/16 addresses
so that the router (with interface "C") will only hear about routes to
192.168.0.0/24 ?

Relevant configuration files appended.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Charlie

--- /etc/quagga/zebra.conf ---
hostname pppoe1
password xxxx
enable password xxxx

interface eth0
  no multicast

interface eth1
  description public
  ip address 192.168.1.1/24
  multicast

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.1.2

log syslog
--- EOF ---

--- /etc/quagga/ospfd.conf ---
hostname pppoe1
password xxxx
enable password xxxx

router ospf
  ospf router-id 192.168.1.1
  network 192.168.1.0/24 area 0

log syslog
--- EOF ---

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-Disclosure] FW: Cisco Vulnerability forensic protocol analysis results.
    ... AMILABS CISCO IP PROTOCOL EXPLOIT TESTING RESULTS ... Cisco router interfaces using either all or one of the following IP ... of a remote Cisco interface uses all of them. ... output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out Router4# ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Site-to-Site VPN client routing question - clients at branch office not able to acce
    ... I would recommend that you use some other machine as your router, ... select the demand-dial interface from the dropdown list. ... On the RRAS server in Shanghai, configure a demand-dial interface and give it a static route to 194.1.1.0/24 as above. ... This makes sure that the connection is made to the correct dd interface and sets up the correct route back to Shanghai through the VPN link. ...
  • Point to Point T1 with Cisco 1841 Routers
    ... checked it in the morning and on my side, the router had a lot of CRC ... interface FastEthernet0/0 ... ip http access-class 23 ... minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: moved a working network, now it doesnt work
    ... router I can ping the internet with no problem. ... From one of your Linux machines can you ping the FA 0/1 interface (default ... are NOT natting so if CAN ping from the router, ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Nmap questions concering my router
    ... >interface can only have assigned ip address and no more. ... but isnt this also the same concept a Port translation is? ... network services externally where the server is on am internal host. ... If someone connected to port 80 on your router, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)