OSPF with Quagga on Linux

From: Charles Price (cpwp_at_NO-SPAM-PLEASEw3z.co.uk)
Date: 11/08/05

Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:25:09 +0000

I am running a Linux machine as a PPPoE access concentrator.

      A----------------B C----------
PPP----| Concentrator | <--OSPF--> | Router |---> Internet
       ---------------- ----------

Interface "A" : No IP address, PPPoE tunnels only
Interface "B" :
Interface "C" :

Interface "A" handles incoming PPPoE tunnels with endpoint addresses in the and ranges. ospfd advertises routes to the
addresses of these tunnels through interface "B" when the interface comes

Is there a way to prevent ospfd from advertising the addresses
so that the router (with interface "C") will only hear about routes to ?

Relevant configuration files appended.

Any help greatly appreciated.

--- /etc/quagga/zebra.conf ---
hostname pppoe1
password xxxx
enable password xxxx

interface eth0
  no multicast

interface eth1
  description public
  ip address

ip route

log syslog
--- EOF ---

--- /etc/quagga/ospfd.conf ---
hostname pppoe1
password xxxx
enable password xxxx

router ospf
  ospf router-id
  network area 0

log syslog
--- EOF ---

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-Disclosure] FW: Cisco Vulnerability forensic protocol analysis results.
    ... AMILABS CISCO IP PROTOCOL EXPLOIT TESTING RESULTS ... Cisco router interfaces using either all or one of the following IP ... of a remote Cisco interface uses all of them. ... output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out Router4# ...
  • Re: Site-to-Site VPN client routing question - clients at branch office not able to acce
    ... I would recommend that you use some other machine as your router, ... select the demand-dial interface from the dropdown list. ... On the RRAS server in Shanghai, configure a demand-dial interface and give it a static route to as above. ... This makes sure that the connection is made to the correct dd interface and sets up the correct route back to Shanghai through the VPN link. ...
  • Point to Point T1 with Cisco 1841 Routers
    ... checked it in the morning and on my side, the router had a lot of CRC ... interface FastEthernet0/0 ... ip http access-class 23 ... minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec ...
  • Re: moved a working network, now it doesnt work
    ... router I can ping the internet with no problem. ... From one of your Linux machines can you ping the FA 0/1 interface (default ... are NOT natting so if CAN ping from the router, ...
  • Re: Nmap questions concering my router
    ... >interface can only have assigned ip address and no more. ... but isnt this also the same concept a Port translation is? ... network services externally where the server is on am internal host. ... If someone connected to port 80 on your router, ...