Re: Simple networking question

From: CJT (abujlehc_at_prodigy.net)
Date: 11/10/05

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:45:18 GMT

john.darrah@usa.net wrote:

> First of all, let me apologize in advance if this is an incredibly
> stupid question. My background is primarily in databases not
> networking. I have two linux boxes running Red Hat AS 4. Both have
> two interfaces and both have public IPs on eth0. What I want to do is
> create a private network between the two so I can quickly transfer
> files, setup NFS mounts, etc. I have enabled eth1 on both machines and
> given them the private ips of 192.168.1.101 and .102. I have a
> crossover cable between the two but cannot reach one from the other.
> My guess is this is a simple thing to do and I'm just being incredibly
> ignorant. Can anyone tell me how to setup this config?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Did you set up a route between the two?

man route

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Simple networking question
    ... My background is primarily in databases not ... >> networking. ... >> files, setup NFS mounts, etc. ... > Did you set up a route between the two? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: That Compac Presario again no networking
    ... Why won't networking work on this cheap walmart computer with Realtek ... Windows XP says Realtek 8139 network device. ... I do route and it shows default route same as my notebook except I'm ... disk and it was xmas and nobody thought to make one. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • networking problem from target to host
    ... I am trying to get cross platform networking to work with VxSim. ... My problem is that I am unable to ping from my target shell to my ... ROUTE HOST TABLE ... Here is the route print from DOS shell: ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • setting up LAN with linux
    ... Now within Linux there's trouble configuring an ipv4 connection. ... configure it with ifconfig and route. ... I used linuxconf to set all networking parameters but all with no ... Tried to install Webmin but it just dont work when i try to ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: route (is it forwarding packets?) (sorry if duplicate).
    ... They are not linked in any way.At work I have two address ranges ... > I noticed last night at home that route was returning a route for a ... That route is part of the zero configuration project. ... routing tables when you do have networking configured I don't know. ...
    (Fedora)