Re: How to share a VPN

From: James Knott (james.knott_at_rogers.com)
Date: 11/16/05

    Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:59:45 -0500

    Vicente Alves - Informática wrote:

    > I can connect with the BO with VPN. What I want to do Is to share this
    > connection with the other PCs in my SO.
    > Can OpenVPN share this connection? How can I configure it? Sorry about
    > these questions, but I'm really a newbie at Linux. Hope I was clear also.

    When you set up a VPN, it's exactly as though you had a dedicated circuit
    going to the other end. You simply configure your routing tables to use
    it. If you terminate the VPN at the firewall, the other computers on the
    network don't have to know about the additional route, as the firewall can
    be configured for the appropriate routing.

    • Re: More on Remote Desktop
      ... Chances are good, though, that he's already got VPN capabilities on his ... firewall to do it for $100. ... > server at home...or purchase additional/new hardware... ... >> my firewall makes the PPPoE connection to my ADSL ISP. ...
    • Re: More on Remote Desktop
      ... You realize the Remote Desktop data stream is encrypted the same as a PPTP VPN link... ... Unless of course the original poster wants to implement an L2TP/IPSec VPN server at home...or ... > firewall to get between your clients and server on your own LAN. ... > setup so that my firewall makes the PPPoE connection to my ADSL ISP. ...
    • Re: Random Disconnects - ActiveSync 4.0/4.1/4.2
      ... Once I UNSINSTALLED the VPN client software (made by ... Simply disabling, or not using the client didn't matter. ... connection itself might be disabled, but the VPN client might still be ... The Windows Firewall actually is pretty good about having 'disabled' ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
    • RE: Encryption through NAT and State table
      ... whereas a Layer3 'stateful' firewall uses socket pairs ... The problem of running an IPSec VPN in your situation would be the key ... connection to our VPN end-point on the client network and instead will get ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt (VPN data issues)
      ... I am running a windows2k3 SBS server behind a linksys firewall. ... remote users having troubles connecting to our network. ... I figured this was a firewall issue blocking VPN data, ... the connection will stall and then starting the connection process ...