Re: Simple two computer network.
- From: don <donsdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:18:00 GMT
On 2005-12-12, CJT wrote:
> You need a router. Frankly, I wouldn't bother with a wireless one now
> if you won't be using it immediately, for several reasons:
> a) they cost more. I've bought new routers at Fry's for as little as
> $8 on sale -- you're unlikely to find a wireless one for that.
> b) they are a potential security hazard -- unless set up properly, they
> could open your system to drive-by hacking
> c) their technology and price are rapidly changing -- waiting will
> probably get you better for less when you decide you want it
Thanks CJT. Probably good advice, but I already bought the
recommended Linksys router. If it works well, I'll go with
it. Otherwise, back to the drawing board.
- Prev by Date: Re: Stats comp.os.linux.networking (last 7 days)
- Next by Date: Re: Simple two computer network.
- Previous by thread: Re: Simple two computer network.
- Next by thread: Re: Simple two computer network.