Re: DHCP

Hi,

I am trying to write a DHCP Client application even though one is
already available on Linux. Basically want it to run on other Unix
platforms as well. Besides this decision has been taken and I cannot
influence it.

Would there be any endian issues I'd have to handle?

Would op, htype, hlen, hops be read in the reverse order on a
big-endian machine?
As in
struct dhcp_packet
{
<data type> hops;
<data type> hlen;
<data type> htype;
<data type> op;
}

Thanks and Regards,
M Shetty

  • Re: C90 long long
    ... Neither of those libraries are a good choice for 64 bit operations. ... If there is a GCC available for the OP's platforms, then GCC has had 64 bit ... compilers call the data type __int64 instead of long long. ... If 64 bit support is truly needed, then the C90 standard offers no help. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Is there a integer data type of one byte in gcc?
    ... on platforms that support it in the first place. ... writing C code to depend upon the size of a given data type is ... if you want a language that can ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Integer Dos And Donts
    ... The most efficient data types are those that use the native data width of ... On current platforms, the data width is 32 bits, for ... Integer is currently the most efficient data type in Visual ... the documentation and not for discussion. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: C to JVM, time to revive JGNAT?
    ... Which data type ... platforms that can handle these numbers? ... integer types of the given exact sizes, ... on an oddball machine with S&M or 18-bit word or ...
    (comp.lang.ada)