Nessusd problems on Ubuntu

I installed the debian package for version 3 of nessus on Ubuntu 5.1
(running vanilla kernel 2.6.14.2). After updating the plugins when I
attempt to start nessusd this happens:

# /opt/nessus/sbin/nessusd -
nessusd (Nessus) 3.0.0. for Linux
(C) 2005 Tenable Network Security, Inc.

Processing the Nessus plugins...
[#### ]Malformed file -
skipping
NASL binary storage : dbput(smb_lanman_browse_list.nasl) failed -- Bad
address
NASL binary storage : dbput(hpux_PHSS_28682.nasl) failed -- Bad address
NASL binary storage : dbput(ircxpro_default_admin_password.nasl) failed
-- Bad address
NASL binary storage : dbput(cfinger_search.nasl) failed -- Bad address

[continues forever]

Any idea what's going on here? I've tried re-installing nessus to no avail.

Thanks.

  • Re: Nessus 3.0 released
    ... Of course, since Nessus is a _network_ scanner, the bottleneck in the end is the network itself, so a nasl engine which is N times faster does not imply a scanner which is N times faster. ... While we're talking about performance, I'd like to point out that over the last months, we've profiled all the plugins and fixed those which were too slow -- improving the engine makes no sense if you have plugins with long timeouts. ... - In terms of reporting, we do not intend to duplicate efforts such as OSVDB or the Bugtraq database. ... Nessus 3 is to a vulnerability management system what libpcap is to ethereal -- it's a "sensor" which reports data. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Vuln Scanning software choices
    ... Now that it appears that Nessus ... not since a year as you need to get the registered plugins to be ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: MS05-039 Scanner
    ... I successfully scanned a full class-B network with Nessus by doing the ... In the "Plugins" tab, click Disable All, then scroll down to Windows, ... > WLAN by understanding these threats, ... FREE WHITE PAPER - Wireless LAN Security: What Hackers Know That You Don't ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: How do VA scans work technically
    ... The good news is that Nessus plugins are open source, ... Also, Nessus is still free for non commercial use, so your best bet is ... to configure a web server as stealthily you like, ... You'll find some plugins are based on banner grabbing, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Nessus experience
    ... Nessus takes too much time as what happens is that all the plugins get ... nessusd to the nessus client, and then back to the nessusd. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)