Re: network problem when suspending
- From: "Scott R. Haven" <not.real@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:14:12 -0500
I have Linux SuSE 10 installed in a laptop. The network works okay but it doesn't work after suspending.
I have tried restarting manually the drivers using ifdown and ifup. The problem is when getting the ip address from a DHCP server. It just look for a DHCP server and it just says that it can't find any. The strange thing is that everything is okay when I restart the computer normally.
Does anybody has experienced a similar problem?
This is quite typical. You'll probably have to rmmod the appropriate module(s) as well.
ifdown eth0 rmmod eepro100 (or whatever you're using)
If it won't unload you'll have to stop other services and/or rmmod other modules as well.
If "ifup" doesn't load the module you'll have to do it with "modprobe"
One thought would be to put these commands in a script to make is easier. Often X will break when you suspend too. I sometimes just disable the suspend feature all together.
Scott R. Haven Sr. Systems Engineer Paisley Systems Inc. www.paisleysystems.com
- Prev by Date: Re: QoS and shaping
- Next by Date: Re: Squid limiting upload bandwidth
- Previous by thread: Re: QoS and shaping
- Next by thread: Re: network problem when suspending