evolution - local imap store and downloading from a remote pop mailbox ?

Hi,

I want to be able to use both a linux pc and a windows laptop to read /
write mails.
Currently, i use my linux pc and download my mails from my pop mailbox into
a local message store.

What i would like to do, is be able to convert my message store into a imap
mailbox that i can both access from evolution on linux, and outlook express
in windows. but i'm not sure how i must proceed ...

Do I need sendmail or postfix, or can I somehow just enter my provider's
smtp server into each client's settings ? the problem is: how do i get my
pop mail into my imap mailbox ?

Thx,

Tom.

.