connect lan and pptp

Dear list

I have the following problem

I have a LAN with ip 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0

I also connect to a pptp windows server in order to create a vpn, and I get
an ip of the form 169.254.xxx.xxx/255.255.255.255

How is it possible that I connect my lan and my pptp connection in order to
see the other network in my lan ?

It is probably a newbie question, but just learning :)

Yours

Alex

  • Re: connect lan and pptp
    ... I also connect to a pptp windows server in order to create a vpn, ... How is it possible that I connect my lan and my pptp connection in order to ... Do you have a dhcp server on your lan? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: VPN routing from NAT to NAT
    ... if you are willing to lose all LAN connectivity while on ... the VPN, you can perhaps coexist on the same subnet.. ... If you are both using the same private network for your LANs, ... >VPN adapter, because that address is now bound to the VPN adapter and ...
  • Re: Multi-homed server and VPN
    ... The idea was to separate the LAN traffic from the VPN ... bound for the Internet go to the gateway 192.168.1.251, ... I have 192.168.1.251 as the router ...
  • Re: VPN & firewalls question
    ... What types of things do your remote clients need to do after they ... If the need access to their WinXP Pro LAN computers, create a VPN and fire ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Routes
    ... succeed with the original requirements because it won't limit LAN access to the ... access to only the Terminal Server by using something like ISA,...once the user ... I will allow full network access to the VPN clients. ... terminate at the servers and no further into the LAN. ...