mount: only root can do that
- From: bbaruah2003@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 7 Feb 2006 21:23:37 -0800
I want to give a normal user permission to mount a nfs partition
under one of his/her directory.
So, I set up /etc/fstab like this :
xx.xx.xx.xx:/mnt/inst /home/user1/mount nfs noauto,user 1 2
and checked the permission of /bin/mount and its "-rwsr-sr-x"
When user1 tries to mount the partition and give the command
mount -t nfs xx.xx.xx.xx:/mnt/inst mount , he always get the answer
"mount: only root can do that"
how can i get around with it. please suggest thanks
- Prev by Date: Re: VNC Ubuntu
- Next by Date: Re: mount: only root can do that
- Previous by thread: VNC Ubuntu
- Next by thread: Re: mount: only root can do that