Re: Linux Parallel Cluster - Yes or No?

Do you think a cluster would be better to do with all these machines or
do you think something else I should do with these machines?

<snip>

You might like to read that RTFM -- the cluster-howto from
http://www.ram.org/computing/linux/linux_cluster.html and
http://lcic.org/documentation.html. The later link has loads of
information plus links on building a complete cluster. Before
everything else, get the ground up from
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/eserver/tutorials/clustering.html.
You have to register for it!

Have you ever googled with keywords like "linux cluster
site:www.linux-mag.com"? You won't feel bad about browsing
http://www.lam-mpi.org/ too!

--
Raqueeb Hassan
Bangladesh

  • Re: Linux Parallel Cluster - Yes or No?
    ... Raqueeb Hassan wrote: ... information plus links on building a complete cluster. ... Have you ever googled with keywords like "linux cluster ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Looking for some Programmers
    ... time coordination is the least of my worries. ... "cluster agency" for want of a better term, ... developers who were also doing the same sorts of things ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Production VMS cluster hanging with lots of LEFO
    ... The application that is running on the cluster is ACMS driven and is ... of LEFO processes, most of them related to individual users, ... It appeared that all machines ... quorum node) were inaccessible ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: e3k upgrade - hardware spec
    ... > Xeon 2.8Ghz processor with 2Gb of RAM. ... > The front end one is a slower machines which is currently setup to send all ... We also have NetApp IP SAN so the new cluster will have its ... With Exchange 12 on the horizon, you'll probably want to take advantage ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Does RISC still offer a significant numbercrunching advantage?
    ... On other tasks, the cluster will blow ... the SMP out of the water. ... processor SMP) machines? ... Rendering movie frames is embarrassingly parallel once everything is laid out, so there's no need for massive SMP; ...
    (comp.arch)