Does rt2500 support WPA-PSK?

I've got a Belkin PCI card running under Ubuntu Breezy, but I haven't
managed to get WPA-PSK to work. According to the Ubuntu Wiki page
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WifiDocs/RalinkRT2500/DriverAndRaconfig), "Under
Breezy you should not need to [compile and install Rt2500 drivers]: the
drivers for the hardware come with the install, and natively support both
WEP and WPA security." And there are additional comments from users who
have got WPA up and running (but possibly with a more recent driver).

However a support forum discussion
(http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=854) suggests that
"Ralink's WPA implementation is very hard to understand. Best to rollback
to WEP until rt2x00 is released".

I've got WEP running with the following /etc/network/interfaces entry:
iface ra0 inet dhcp
wireless_essid MyName
wireless_key MyKey
wireless_channel 1
wireless_ap My:MA:Cx:xx:xx:xx
wireless_mode Managed

I've tried WAP-PSK with the following interfaces entry:
iface ra0 inet dhcp
pre-up ifconfig ra0 up
pre-up ifconfig ra0 down
pre-up ifconfig ra0 up
pre-up ifconfig ra0 down
pre-up iwconfig ra0 essid MyName
pre-up iwconfig ra0 mode Managed
pre-up iwpriv ra0 set AuthMode=WPAPSK
pre-up iwpriv ra0 set EncrypType=TKIP
pre-up iwpriv ra0 set WPAPSK=MyKey
pre-up ifconfig ra0 up
wireless-essid MyName
where the repeated up/downs and essid are recommended on a Wiki page
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WifiDocs/RalinkRT2500), and I've also tried
it with a simplified version omitting the repeats. But the card fails to
connect to the router.

Has anyone managed to get the Ubuntu Breezy version of rt2500 running with
WPA-PSK? Is it my config which needs fixing, or do I need a new driver?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

--
To email, replace receptacle with my forename.
.